RETINA Vision and Learning Group was established by Asst. Prof. Selim Aksoy and Asst. Prof. Pınar Duygulu at the Department of Computer Engineering at Bilkent University in 2004 to conduct research on computer vision, pattern recognition, machine learning and data mining.
Our current research interests include:
- Multimedia data mining
- Object and face recognition
- Association of multi-modal data
- Remote sensing image analysis
- Medical image classification
- Retrieval and analysis of large image and video archives
- Human action recognition for patients and elderly people
- Automatic transcription of Ottoman documents
- Automatic documentary creation: tracking the evolution of news on time
We have several projects sponsored by TUBITAK (Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey), European Commission, and State Planning Agency. You can find more information about our research and publications on the corresponding pages.